Saturday, November 22, 2008

Date Palm Detail


This is a detail of a watercolor painting looking up at a date palm. The full painting is all branches covered in dates radiating out of a center point. It is part of my Meditation Series: Natures Mandalas. I've always liked the painting but never thought it reproduced well. The digital image I have of the painting was scanned from a slide. Today I decided to take some close-ups of the painting myself. I am thrilled with the result. I included this detail of the painting in my 2009 Art Calendar.

1 comment:

r garriott said...

Hi Mary Kay,

Lovely work as always. Hope you sell lots of claendars this year. What a good idea!

Anyway, I'm writing today to say, "Tag, You're It!"

As it was put to me, "Don’t know who started this tag game but it is pretty cool. It's interesting getting the untold stories from some of my favorite artists." As you're one my favorite artist bloggers I have Tagged you. This is a good thing. It helps spread the word about your blog, and you get some pretty entertaining information about other artists.
So here are the rules:

1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.

Have a great painting day,

R Garriott